Friday, November 30, 2007

Feeling Woe oh oh feelings



One of the things I get with interacting with more and more people is the ability to work on the little parts of me that I can't do alone. Well I got hit with another one today. I've been enjoying the friendship with Spa girl and getting into my groove with it after setting some boundaries up. Anyway she was happy today since they were going to move the spa to a better location. It's a good move for them, but I was sad. Spa girl picked it up before it had even registered with me. I know it has nothing to do with her just old tapes.

When I was young I moved enough times to be an army brat. So having friends ripped away from me was common place. So nowadays when it happens and I'm not the cause it still brings up old wounds. So I'm just feeling them now. Most likely I didn't do them way back then that's for sure. The biggest thing for me is to just feel them and not try to down play or cover them up which are my old ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen this same reaction in my son.  We moved around quite a bit when he was young, and I very much regret it.  Didn't seem that we had an option at the time, but I suppose that doesn't really matter, because the end result was the same for him even if it was something we felt we had to do.  I'm hoping that he is able to do the same as you, and be able to feel it now, rather than just try to 'hide it away.'  Tina

Anonymous said...

I was a Navy brat, so understand what you mean.  Its difficult moving around as a youngster.  I remember in 1st or 2nd grade by the time the Navy had given my parents permanent digs (at least for a while), we had been through three elementary schools.  Now that was tough, lol.  

Charmaine said...

I moved every one to two years when I was a kid. The first one that I remember was devistating. I am completely sure it ruined my life. I'm SERIOUS. I had my whole life planned, what high school I would attend, I was going to be a Song Girl and on the water ballet team. My piano teacher had just announced that I had surpassed him and recommended a more advanced teacher, I was in a ballet company...

Anyway, after moving from California to South Carolina NONE of that was possible anymore. The new piano teacher was a moron who used a metronome...I don't need a metronome you moron...so I quit....etc.

Okay. Now I've vented. Jeesh where did THAT come from? hee hee