Monday, November 26, 2007

That's Odd

Spa girl called me before I left the office to tell me how it went at the doctor's. She said that she had torn a muscle in her shoulder and gave her some medication. I explained a few things to her about it and offered if she wanted to stop by tomorrow I would take a look at it for her.

She then said we would have to celebrate my birthday another night. ??????????? I didn't know we were celebrating tonight? Glad I'm in the loop. This seems to be getting weirder by the day. Friend status might be pushing it here. The witness protection program is looking pretty good about now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sometimes friends DO celebrate birthdays!  If I was around local to you, I'd be happy to celebrate yours (and / or mine) with you.   And you had offered to still be in touch (literally) with her.  But, yeah, maybe you'll be re-defining her definition of friends, or clarifying.

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I think you sent her a mixed signal when you offered for her to come by for you to take a look at her shoulder.  It sounds like you were offering it as a nice gesture, but unfortunately if you desire to distance yourself from this person - nice is not going to get you there.  BTW, I agree with the other poster that "Friends" do celebrate birthdays.  Are you reading too much into it, and if you are not - then a dose of honesty is probably going to help both of you more in the long run than an offer to help her with her shoulder problem.  MHO!