Monday, July 23, 2007

Terminal Velocity

After a long or rather quick weekend I find myself in a better mental state today.  Nothing has changed money wise, but my attitudes have compensated.  When I am in a lot of emotional pain I feel the want to isolate and feel separated from the rest of the world.  Like a child that thinks no one is as bad off as he.  I think that realization was my turning point yesterday.  I've been in this spot enough times in the last 3 years to truly despise it, but to know it is not the end of the world.  I remembered an acquaintance that was losing the battle with cancer and it reminded me of all the things I am grateful for.  One of the bigger ones was how I handle this all now.  Years ago I would of though of blowing my head off than deal with it.  So progress is there especially when I can think of dating again.  Still can't afford anything, but at least my mind has pulled out of its pity party death spiral. 

No comments: