Thursday, August 30, 2007

Still Legal!!!!!!!!!


Well it was an adventure in divorce court this morning. Since I've never been to Norfolk court and I know how problematic Virginia Beach court can be I wanted to get there early. So Landlord and myself got there and it was a breeze. The had information people that were right on the mark. So we ended up waiting a while. However I started getting tense the closer it got to 10 with no sign of an attorney. So at 10 I walked in hoping I could do it by myself. Thankfully at 10:15 a fill in attorney walked in saying my attorney was stuck on a criminal case down the hall. So we quickly did the paperwork and went back in for the fun to start.

Problems


1) no sign of the separation agreement


2) Landlord can't attest to my ex not being in the military


3) judge doesn't like the wording in the document


So we step out to wait. I'm freaking since no one in Virginia can attest to anything on my ex and getting someone down from NY would be almost impossible since it can't be my ex. After a while we are called back in.


Problems


1) since the agreement isn't part of the complaint we drop it with no further problem (cool)


2) the judge accepts Landlord's here say testimony that my ex is not in the military (thank you judge - 2 down)


3) She doesn't like section 6 in the papers and wants it rewritten and resubmitted.



AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The good thing neither Landlord nor I need to return, but I will do so to make sure. Now the next problem is seeing if my attorney will try and bill me for his removal of his words. So I am in a weird state with hopes not yet fufilled.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, Mike.  This sounds like a huge pain.  I'm hoping that it gets settled soon, and you can get to the business of looking forward, rather than having to keep looking back with all this stuff.  All the best to you, my friend.   Tina

Anonymous said...

Interesting journal. I like it. Have a great day.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Sigh.

Anything in section 6 that your lawyer wrote for you, or WTF?

Thankfully, problem 1 and 2 were dropped:)  Good thing she's not military with her issues.

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you all this divorce crap!  Been there, done that 2 times, and don't ever plan to do it again!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

URRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I feel your pain, divorce sucks! Went through one of the nastiest ones in the centry just 2 years ago! But I have to say I had a good judge and it helped that I had an attorney and the ex (idiot) did not! Don't always believe what you hear that a judge will side with the woman, I am a woman but I know some guys that came out looking rosey with good reason! Good Luck, Best wishes!
                                                                                      Lovins...
                                                                                      TrayCee