Monday, August 20, 2007

What I Like

When I was dating this woman about 2 years ago. Jeez where does time go. Anyway she called to break up with me. She was honest and then she asked if I was okay. I told yeah I was okay. She seemed shocked. I then told her that I was sad that we weren't going out anymore, but I was okay with it. The reason was she told me. I wasn't left hanging which kills me.

So back to Chamber Girl. I called her back, but she wasn't there so after 2 tries I left a message. I didn't know if she would call back, but that would be very telling of her if she didn't. So she did finally call and I said I thought she misheard me and wanted to know if she wanted to go out for drinks with me. She said yes, but she had a friend staying this week so she was busy this week. I was okay with it. I told her to let me know when she was free, but I'll call her next week to see what is going on. Nervousness short circuited my brain. I was surprised she was kind of flat on the phone. So we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my guess is she didn't want to just come out and say no...which is why she changed the subject earlier. You call and put her on the spot she probably didn't have the nerve to say no on the phone. Just my opinion of course.  And who knows the reason...maybe she just doesn't want to date now...or is dating....

Tracie

Anonymous said...

it's hard getting those dates that's for sure. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't want to hurt your feelings....she isn't interested though...she just didn't have the nerve to say No so she ignored it the first time..then she had an excuse....sorry but that's what i think....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

If she actually said yes, then great, so she's busy this week.  See how next week goes.  

And, yes, if someone is saying NO, then say no.

I would think if she was thinking no, she'd have not said "Yes, but..." she'd have simply said, "Sorry, but..."  If that makes sense.