Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cuz He's Got Personality .... Rock .... Personality ...

Getting back in the dating game after 16 years has been fun and I have many nice people and learned new things about myself.  The weirdest has been that I am a Type A personality.  Who knew?  I always thought A was bad and since I didn't get angry or was a hot head I was B.  However after swallowing a lot of anger during my life (glad to not do that anymore) I still thought I was a B.  Then I started dating.  A woman I had been dating for several weeks ended it between us.  Her reason was that it took her at least 20 minutes to calm down after being with me.  We had done the beach, coffee, dinners, movies.  Nothing adrenaline packed.  I thought it was just a weird blow off.  Another woman that we hit off very well finally broke it off with me saying that she was just exhausted after being with me.  Again nothing super exciting and she was a very fit woman.  I was depressed.  Women that I liked were pushing me away.  That old tape or not being lovable started to play again in the back of my head.  Never the one to just sit back.  I emailed some questions to this woman.  The response was nice and surprising.  She said nothing was wrong with me just that I was a Type A personality like her and it was like oil and fire for her.  So with this revelation I asked my friends whether I was a A or B.  Most laughed at me and said definitely an A.  They said I was a driven persistent guy with a lot of energy.  It was all positive they said.  So I find myself in uncharted territories.  A confirmed Type A personality's looking for I don't know what now.  I guess some more experimenting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Experimenting.
That's a cute picture up there lol
~Marina

Anonymous said...

GOSH THAT WAS A WEIRD BLOW OFF. NEVER HEARD THAT ONE PROBBABLY. I DONT KNOW YOU BUT YOU ARE PROBABLY PERFECTLY FINE. YOU JUST MADE TWO WRONG CHOICES IN WOMEN. YOU WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE AND THEY WILL APPREIATE YOU. DEBBIE

Anonymous said...

Well to quote Forest Gump..."Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what your gonna get..." The same holds true in dateing....Keep your head up...You'll find the right woman for you...when you least expect it...hugs and kisses baby...Dawn

Anonymous said...

It's their loss, bud. Keep on trying! http://journals.aol.com/dcmeyer420/DearDiary/