Monday, November 21, 2005

Doing the Right Thing

A friend brought up this today while talking.  It spoke to me.  As I have grown spiritually over the years I have found that I usually know what the right thing is.  The problem is that sometimes like a little kid I don't care about the consequences. I WANT, I WANT, I WANT.  Now a days I try never to shoot from the hip.  I run most things past at least one person in my support system.  If I don't want to I have a clue in the direction I am going.  Also their is the feeling of low level anxiety with a known wrong thing.  Not the clean serene feeling that comes with doing the right thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do know what you mean, felt this a few times in my life.   Things even do seem to work out better if I follow what God seems to be telling me to do, or not do.   Not that I always listen:)

Yes, I'm just going back now and reading your WHOLE journal......  hey, i didn't "know" you then!  -- Robin