Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Many Facets of Gifts

Over the last few days I have received many gifts.  All very timely.  They have been in the form of changing relationships.  At points where I have been low. 

A woman that I like and we are friendly, but rarely get to communicate, have been able to connect better when I realized we could IM each other.   A few kind words to each other a day does wonders for the soul. 

I met another woman when I was looking for trouble.  Her comments of what a "good person I was' brought me out of my self destructive funk and a bond of friendship was formed. 

This last gift comes with a silver lining I think.  This woman I have known for a few weeks now and a weird relationship has formed.  While good in some areas it is fueling my self destructive nature, but I have been unable to break the cycle.  The only thing stopping from making it worse has been her complete unavailability.  I commented on this and our future and got a rude awakening.  I never got an clear answer of our future, but I believe she wants it over.  I am sad.  More troubled with her sadness and feelings.  However deep in me knows that this relationship while fun will not be a healthy one.

No comments: