Friday, November 25, 2005

A Father's Perspective

It affects my son and myself differently in seeing each other again after a few months of physical separation.  For me it the return of day in day our interaction with my son.  Something I was very use to for the first 5 years of his life.  Now with large periods of time between seeing each other.  It takes me time to readjust back to full time father status.  No complaints just realigning my life for this short period of change.  For him I see the struggle of being the younger child he was when we were a family and the child he has become.  My worries for him are is anger in which I am grateful he shows it, but then he pulls back from everyone which worries me.  I swallowed a lot of anger over my lifetime to my detriment.  I wish to spare him that pain.  The other is this "fake" hurt to get attention.  Something my ex does and I know will be hard to deal with.  Besides these I am a very proud father.  My son has many great qualities that make me so happy with pride when he shows them. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics and thanks for sharing them.
He is a cuties, just like his dad.
bless you both and all you know.
Missy

Anonymous said...

Great pic of you both ... two handsome men !  It must be difficult for you, having to adjust to being apart.  I hope that in time it will settle into something that works and is comfortable for you both.  Glad to see that you are getting to enjoy some time together .... and Happy Birthday to you, too !  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme