Thursday, June 7, 2007

Disaster Avoided for Now

As I drove out of my neighborhood this morning I checked my messages since my place is off the grid.  Anyway their were several messages from my ex.  She was crying and upset and I thought she said her dad had died.  Actually it was her friend's dad who died.  Very nice man.  Anyway thinking it was my ex's dad really stressed me.  This is the bomb that is on the horizon and I really want to be financially prepared for it.  Since I know this will devastate my ex, she will truly be on her own for the first time in her life, and I worry that my ex SIL (still active drug user) will screw her and Eric over with her selfishness. 

The other end of the spectrum is my fear of being sucked into my ex's problems, but that is my choice and with that realization I'm better with it.  So this morning's exercise was preparation for the real thing sometime in the future.  I think my FIL is on the cusp of 2 years since his wife died.  Will he break the stats?

No comments: