Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Presentations & Dates

Well my presentation went well this morning and I raised the bar with the power point.  I was told that I talked slow which was good since I was trying and it is easier to do after each slide.  However since I have put myself out there my reaction is to pull back into myself.  I got a lot of leads with it and I need to follow up.  So it will be a struggle today.

Over the last few years I have brought God into most parts of my life.  What I realized Sunday night is that finding a date has been left out of that loop.  On thinking about it I found two reasons.  One that the prayer would be fulfilled and the fear that I wouldn't be ready for it.  I know this is garbage since I am never given anything which I unable to handle.  The second is that it's still one place where I rule.  It's all me and I know this is where I put a lot of stress on myself unduly.  So I decided to change that yesterday.  The funny thing was that I didn't know what to ask for.  If I don't know what I am truly looking for how do I find it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask God to help guide you?  Start the conversation with Him?  Good point, though.  I always do better when I include God in my life, including my dating life.  Whenever I HAVE a dating life, lol.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the dating thing, I'm sure you will be guided in the right direction. Happy that the presentation went good.