Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pizza Stories

Well there was no making boxes tonight.  As soon as I walked in I was handed 2 deliveries.  I ended up doing 22 deliveries for the night which I was told was very good.  I made my first mistake tonight by switching the receipts I gave someone the wrong order.  I found a cheap halogen light at Walmart today.   I didn't get a chance to really use it tonight, but I know I will in the future. 

I only have two stories for tonight.  The first was someone's dog was walking down the street and soon as it saw me stop it stopped and started barking.  It kept following me and barking.  He wasn't growling so I figured I was okay, but I kept an eye on Cujo just in case.  The pizza owner said it wasn't his dog, but just tell him to go away and he would.  I was surprised it worked.

The other story was the cell phone family.  I knock on the door, wait, say "pizza".  Scientists someplace spent many sleepless night thinking up this script.  Anyway the guy replies I didn't order a pizza.  That's something you never want to hear.  I check the address and it's right.  Hey yells back to his wife did she order one.  She denies it, but then wants to ask her daughter.  I was amazed.  She didn't get up or yell.  She just pulled out her cell phone to call upstairs.  No offense, but how lazy can you get.  Anyway her daughter did order the pizza and the deal was completed.

I tell you the pizza delivery job is like a state secret.  I made really decent money on tips tonight just driving around in my car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. You should see how we use cell phones to find each other shopping in the same store! HA! Who paid for the pizza though the folks?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting some money in :)  People are amazing sometimes.