Monday, June 11, 2007

Mondays and Other Minutia

Today was day one of my 3 day health fair at USA Discounters.  I never know how these things are going to turn out.  Are they open to the public?  Does the staff just want free junk?  Actually it went pretty well just the placement sucked.  We were set up where the dinettes were.  If any of you have ever walked in a furniture store you know there isn't that much room between the stuff.  Well there wasn't much room today.  I saw many of the employees and they were at least interested in what everyone was doing.  I think tomorrow we are on the second floor of another one so hopefully more room and MUSIC please.  It was just so quiet.  After the four hours I was ready for a nap.  We need some stimulation.

Talking to my friend last night about part time jobs and she suggested pizza delivery.  I had tried 2 years ago, but never got a call back.  I knew her husband did it and has the tourist route.  She said he makes about 40K a year. WTF?  I went to college for what?  So I have a interview tomorrow with a busy place around the corner. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the pizza place and your 3 day health fair. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Hopefully there will be some music to keep you awake. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I also know a guy who does pizza deliveries in the evenings and weekends.  He makes NOwhere near that amount (total income both jobs).  Guess it depends.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how people that never went to college make more money then some who did.  My oldest son hated school... hated it!  Had to push him all the way through.  He is very talented with computers and technical things, so he got a job for Blizzard Entertainment (they put out the WarCraft online games), and now he is their lead sound advisor and makes over 150,000 a year.  Go figure.  They just did a write up of him and Blizzard on the Internet.. here's the link if you want to check it out.  His name is Brian David Farr...   I am very proud of him.. :)

http://www.music4games.net/Review_Display.aspx?id=69

Hugs
jackie