Thursday, August 17, 2006

Captain Sub-Text

I'm glad there is no real Captain Sub-Text because my real thoughts would not be good for my son to hear.  LOL.

Eric keep giving me the same answer for the hundreth time after me asking him to stop doing something. 

Eric: but I like doing it.

Me: you have to realize that others have feelings and may not like what you are doing.

Captain Sub-text: I don't give a shit what you like.

Eric constantly barraging me with what my favorite or best is for at least 20 minutes.

Eric: yeah, but what is your absolute favorite bug?

Me: I don't have favorites.  I like a lot of different ones.

Captian Sub-Text: STFU! (Shut The F*ck Up)

We have our moments LOL, but I am loving it all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, safe venting helps, such as in here:)
And, I'm glad you're loving it all!   Not that I'm surprised.   He's just being a kid, and it's a lot to be the single parent of a kid, but gosh, yes, it is worth it:)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about you Mike!  You tell it like it is!  All parents have those subtext moments, you are just brave enough to admit it!!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I love kids and all of their questions.....I would rather talk to any kid than an adult...they are more interesting.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

LOL, Kids love em but sometimes. LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG this is too funny!!! I have those moments all the time. and not just with my kids!!! There are soooo many things I sometimes want to say but would never say out loud; so they just stay on the inside. My mother always told me if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...so I usually end up keeping all that stuff in & never saying it out loud.
Maria