Friday, August 18, 2006

Fearful Friday

Making the dreadful call to my old landlord to see if we are still on for me to move in Tuesday.  I dread it because it's the old "bad person, deserving bad things" tape playing.  Too much crap happens in my life and I know somewhere in the back of my mind it is because there is a inherent belief that I am a bad person or not good enough.  Anyway I can still move in just on the 28th which will be after Eric goes back so no real problem.

Felt bad for the little guy yesterday after the 4th or 5th call from my ex he finally called her.  When he explained that he is in camp and that he told her that Tuesday also I think she went off on him which is usual for her when she feels out of control.  I could hear the defensive tone in his voice before he was steam rolled.  Know the sound well.  Not quite sure how to handle it with him except always to be a safe place for him to talk.  He didn't want to talk about it and I never want to pry. So we will see. 

I have to admit I love the reality show "Who Wants to Be a Super Hero".  A big comic fan growing up I can really relate and it was great to watch it last night with Eric and guess who is going to get eliminated.

Got kudos from my SIL about where my Mom lives.  They visited last night and will take her out today.  No mention of getting together which I have to admit is what I set up 9 years ago.  I have no real want to get together, but I do feel an obligation.  So I have no idea what I will do. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family, family, well nice to hear the kudos from your SIL:)   Sorry that Eric has to get berated, or potentially, so, from his mother.   I don't get why some people do this to their own kids.   She called 4-5 times?!   Heck, I miss M a LOT, but I won't call more than once/day, unless there's a reason to.   I sure think about her and want contact more often, but ya just don't go bugging the kid, especially if she were to tell me like what Eric told her, lol.   He's learning, he will get there.  Just hang in there, and yeah, sounds like watching that show WOULD be fun for him, and you!  :)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't push getting together, it might be to upsetting. Sounds like you and Eric are having fun and that's good that you two both like the tv show and watch together.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!

I have to disagree with you on this entry. I don't think you are a bad person deserving bad things. I think your a wonderful guy. I also think your creative, funny, smart, charming, from reading your journal I know your also a great father, son and all around great guy. Any woman would be lucky to have you in her life. I am coming to know you through your journal and I have come to like you both as person and as a man. I really think that your an absolutely interesting person. I'm glad I'm getting to know you. Anyway.....I just had to pop in and say hello. Take care Mike. Byyyyyyye.