Sunday, August 6, 2006

Grovin on a Sunday Afternoon

Oh it was so nice to have my pillow last night.  I kept forgetting it at the office and the pillows in the hotels if they can be called that haven’t been that comfortable.  However I remembered yesterday and boy did I sleep sound last night. 

 

I enjoyed a nice visit with my Mom today which is bizarre since it is something I never thought I would say.  However it plays to my strengths which is doing.  I am enjoying decorating her room and then I took her for a walk to get some exercise.  It was one of those days that she forgot how to walk even though she was doing it.  What was really funny was another resident was showing my Mom how to walk and it was like a train around the room.

 

Still communicating with Christine and she will be back from Germany next weekend.  So we are still planning to go out when Eric goes back to NY.

 

Well I seem to found a motel that is nice and inexpensive so I will most likely stay here till I move into my new place.

 

It wasa nice relaxing night I met a friend for dinner and we relaxed and caught up since we haven’t talked in a few months since he has been busy with his business. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Yeah, I know what you mean about having YOUR own pillow!  Whenever I have to be in the hospital for longer then a few days, I always have someone bring me one of mine!  It makes it so much more comfy!  I'm glad you remembered yours!

It makes me sad to hear that your mom had forgotten to walk.  I hate that.  BUT I'm glad YOU had a good visit with her! You are such a good son!  

Sounds like you had a nice dinner!  Wish I could have a nice dinner with ya!  That would be nice!  Too bad we live like far, far, far (not really THAT far!!ha ha!) away.  I told you this before, but I've always wanted to vacation at Virginia Beach for some reason.  Don't ask me why, because I have no clue!  ha ha ha!!

When does Eric come again?  Soon?  When does he start school again?  He'll be there before then, right?  Just wonderin'

Love & Hugs!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Heat wave broke, doing the bunny hop at your Mom's place, nice pillow & good sleep at the motel, plus dinner with a good buddy. Could we ask for anything more? Life is good, Mike. ---angel

Anonymous said...

Things sound as though they are looking up for you, Mike!  I am so happy about that!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

so happy you remembered your pillow. I agree hotel pillows are awful. Soon,  you'll be moving into your own place and that will be nice.