Sunday, August 27, 2006

Catching Up

Internet connection has been shaky the last few days and it always craps out half way through my entry.  Anyway here is a catch up of the last few days.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

It really hit Eric Saturday that this was the last day.  By night fall he was crying about it.  He wished he had more time.  I asked him what he was really sad about.  He said he knew, but didn’t say.  I told him I probably could help him better if I knew, but to no avail.  He was so sad at bed time.  He was like, “Dad if you hear someone crying during the night it will be me.”  We’ve been sharing a king sized bed while he has been here.  I’ve been putting a row of pillows down the middle so I don’t get kicked and kneed throughout the night.  Last night he was like, “Dad can you move the pillows.  I don’t want anything between us tonight.”  He slept well I have to admit once he fell asleep.  I had to admit I was pretty calm through it all.  I knew Eric had to go back today.  That I would help and guide him in his pain, but I wasn’t going to take it away from him.  I knew how he learned to deal with it would dictate what kind of man he would become.  So after looking at it I was okay at being calm in the face of all this.

 

The trip home was pretty uneventful.  Eric still can’t fathom the distance.  We were 2 ½ hours into the trip and he was how much more?  I told him 3 ½ more hours.  Boy you should have seen his face.

 

Anyway he started crying just before I dropped him off and he finally let it out what he was so sad about. “It’s UNFAIR that we aren’t all together.”  I agreed with him because I knew it isn’t.  I wrote a letter to my ex telling her that Eric had stated that he had never expressed his feeling about our separation to the counselor.  So hopefully she will be able to get him back in.

 

The event of the day happened when I dropped Eric off.  My FIL as usual came to get Eric.  He was raging and I could tell.  He makes it very uncomfortable during the exchange.  Anyway he asks me where the exercise bike he gave us I think when we got married.  I answered I have no (fucking) clue.  Then I remembered and told him I had sold it to help pay our bills.  He was he wanted the full value of the bike.  LMAO.  We offered to give it back years ago and they didn’t want it.  Now?  I’ll write him and tell him the situation.  I know nothing I say will help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Eric is back with his Mom for the time being; back to the routine of school etc for him now. It sounds like you both enjoyed this time together; until the part where you had to deal with your f-i-l!!
Remember that the time will go fast and soon I am sure Eric will be back to spend more time with you. I am sure he looks forward to these times with you as much as you look forward to the time spent with him. I am rambling I think; did that make any sense???
=)
Maria

Anonymous said...

With a FIL like you had,  I think it is amazing that your marriage lasted as long as it did. It looks like you are in a better position now to guide your son and enjoy being with him than you would have with Bad Dad-in-law barking and gnawing at your leg all the time nearby. Things always work out for the best, Mike. ---angel