Friday, August 4, 2006

Fun Friday

Just went to the Post Office around the corner and I saw that they are going to put in a Starbucks.  Woo hoo!.  I'm hoping it is separate from the Farm Fresh supermarket.  There isn't any in my local area.  Five minutes down the road the are plenty.

I was saddened to hear from my Mom's doctor this morning.  He isn't making it in private practice so he is going back to urgent care.  He's a great doctor so I am sad to see him go.  However I found another one through the place my Mom is.  The come right to the facility which is great.  It is so hard to treat this age population.  They have the most wrong with them, but have the worse coverage and the hardest to get paid.

My Mom is doing well in the new facility and I wish she had more money to last their a while because it is the care that she needs.  I stopped there and cut and did her nails for her.  The nurses joked about my job and I think I will let them do it each week unless my Mom still wants me to do it.  LOL.

Still trying to push the gratitude that I have the money to pay for all this lodging.  However it is all my money that I have worked hard these past few months to save. 

I have a seminar tomorrow and I think my friend Peggy is coming from the western part of the state.  I don't have to work tomorrow night so hopefully we can grab a bite to eat together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my mom got really ill...that was when I saw that good health insurance is a must!! We never had to worry about anything....something that never crossed my mind until then. Sounds as if you found a good place for your mom...some places aren't very friendly.

Tracie
















Anonymous said...

Sorry about your mom's doctor.  I hope you have a good weekend, Mike.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!! I too love Starbucks. I love their iced coffee's. I haven't been to the Starbucks in a few weeks. I hope you have a nice time with your friend Peggy. Take care and have a good one. Byyyyyyyye.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Hey you can come do my nails anytime you want!  Actually I'm such a tomboy, all I do is trim them & let it go!  I hate all that polish & junk!  I don't even do makeup!  But I wanted to tease you a bit tonight!  Ha Ha Ha!  I'm sorry your mom is losing her doctor, that always sucks.  But it may be a good thing, since there is one who goes right to her, right?  I dunno. Sorry.  So...where are you staying now?  Will you be able to be somewhere permanant when Eric comes to visit next?  Motels are ALWAYS fun for kids, they ALWAYS love to stay there!  Hope thing turn around for you soon....in your business & in your life.  You sure do deserve it!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

That's so nice that you did your mom's nails. LOL. even if it isn't the best. Hope your weekend is good.

Anonymous said...

STARBUCK'S!!!!  YAY! Starbuck's....Funny, in my little town where I just moved away from, there are three Starbuck's within a mile from each other. One in Target, one in Barnes and Noble which is two stores over. ??? And then one right down the road which is a true Starbuck's. Hey, a White Chocolate Mocha Nonfat (skim) with Whip is yummy at any location. But I know what you mean. I love to go there and just "chill while listening to great music." Hey I didn't get mine this AM!!!  

Good to read your Mom is doing well. I know for most the transition is very difficult. She is very lucky to have such a caring son like you. There are a lot of people who just send their family away and leave them to be forgotten. Unfortunately, this country (government) has forgotten the seniors and leave them to fend for themselves when urgent care is definitely needed. Where is the loyality? I tell ya!

Still catching up on your blog!  

Becca~