Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Summer Rental

Boy this is when you hate being in a resort city.  Motels rooms are high for the summer and pretty booked.  I found a nice place tonight although it is a smoking room which sucks.  Pain in the ass finding it though.  The guy never told me the changed to a Days Inn.  I'm driving back and forth looking for the Tides Inn. I might be bouncing around until I can get a reservation.  The thing that sucks is it going to be a lot of money till the 22nd to have shelter.  Other than that everything else is pretty okay.

My Mom is sad and misses her grandchildren.  She doesn't remember that she saw Eric 2 weeks ago.  So this move has brought up a lot of sad feelings for her.  Always painful watching other people sad.  Trying to be happy for her since this is appropriate behavior that I wasn't expecting to see.  I know it happens a lot, but it is still weird to experience.  The nurses pulled me aside today.  Boy did I stress with that.  Didn't need anything else on my plate today.  They just told me that Mom had been upset yesterday, but they calmed her down.  They just wanted to know if they could call me when this happened.  I was like sure.  They informed me that many family members instruct them not to call. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh..that is sad  (family members not to be called) that's why I am afraid of old age :-(
I am.
Your mom is lucky to have you. Have I told you this before? :-)
Take care Mike,
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours

Anonymous said...

Ah Mike,
You are having such a time, my friend!  And I'm sorry for that....whats the big deal with you sleeping in the office all of the sudden????  Was it that mean ole' neighbor of yours who storms in & turns down? up? the ac?  What a meanie, if it was her!  Why do people have to treat others so mean???  Makes me crazy!  I hope you get all settled into someplace nice & cool, and I hope your old landlord comes through with a room for you sooner!  Hang in there, bud!  And whats with these families who they can't call when their own parents are having a time???  People make me so CRAZY!  
Love ya! Linda

Anonymous said...

So sad man i don't wanna get old
Hugs to you, Marina

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm so sorry your mom was upset. Hopefully when Eric is in town they well have a good time together.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' maybe you should find another office location. You can't seem to get the office cool enough anyway for your senior clients...who need it most btw. And Your landlord is breaking your ...well, he's doesn't seem very cooperative. How long till that lease ends? Can you get your deposit back?

Have you thought about making house calls? Or renting a room at a local gym? Perhaps Tara, your yoga teacher, can inform you about the rent of a space where she teaches.  Better yet, is there a small place next to that Starbucks you love? There's got to be something better than the money drain you've got going while waiting for the 22nd to roll around.

All we can say is you've got guts, Mike, to take on caring for your Mom and your son while building up your business. We're so proud of you. ---angel