Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday

I hate getting up early.  My son has always been up with the dawn since he was a baby.  Even with 8 hours I hate getting up that early.

The drive went well and I even made it up there in 6 hours which was a new record.  I wasn't even hammering it there was just no traffic.  I couldn't say that on the way back.  However we did make it back while it was light out which was new.  It was fun to point out deer in the fields as we drove.

As always there is the decisions on where to draw my lines with my son.  I don't want to bang heads with him like I use to when he was younger.  However my ex lets him be a slob.  Sorry that doesn't float with me.  You can keep your room the way you want, but if it comes to the rest of the place no way.  He trashed my car yesterday with wrappers and stuff.  This morning I got up and there was clothes everywhere.  Grateful that he will clean up if I tell him, but I have to tell him about everything. 

He's at camp now and hopefully enjoying himself.  I'm just getting work done at the office.  I wish there was another week of camp, but this is the last week.  Nothing happening this afternoon so we will go out and do something after visiting my Mom.  I want him to get a sense of taking care of family. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, how to teach responsibility?  For family, for ones own things and, in essence, respect for oneself while learning about respect for his environment, his things, and family, too:)   I bet your mother will love seeing him.
And, yeah, if only 1 week of camp oh well, at least he gets that 1 week in!  I'm happy you're both happy:)  I know you'll enjoy the time.
Oh, and for the record, if you took 95? it was great in the a.m. and not so great in the p.m. for me yesterday, too (from MD to Del and back for us).  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I think all kids have to be told to do everything.  Mine drive me crazy with their messes.

Terra

Anonymous said...

It's so hard when your divorced and mom does things one way and you do them another.  I opt for the neatness thing too.  I can't stand mess and disorder.

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I never allowed eating in my car so my car can't be a mess. LOL. He'll learn. I think if you keep telling him, he'll know when he visits you that he has to be neat. It's so hard when you have both parents teaching different things.

Anonymous said...

Yes, be careful...you are raising a boy to be a man who will one day have to find a mate that can live with him.

Anonymous said...

You sound like a Dad, Mike.