Friday, July 7, 2006

Friday with Eric

Well it is a relaxing day today although I am uncomfortable with my neighbor now.  I know she is the one that made the complaint about Eric.  I know her and I am surprised she just didn't say something to me.  I understand her complaint.  Eric is seven, but the crying can last for at least 5 minutes and it can be loud.  So this is what I have been working with him.

The other item we have been working on is not giving up so fast.  The last few days has seen Eric with an upset stomach for a few minutes and then he just wants to go home.  So we have just been hanging afterwards and it goes and he has a great time.  So hopefully some of my tenacity will rub off on him. 

I know deep down Eric doesn't feel lovable.  He says he loves me too much.  I remember when I use to do that.  It is something else for us to work on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he sounds like a sweet boy, Confused. It's hard to be with two different parents. You tell him one way, which sounds like the right way and then he'll go home and forget everything you thought him. It's tough.



Anonymous said...

I believe that this is Eric's reaction to the stress he is dealing with, and which he doesnt really know how to put into words.  These things all sound so familiar to me, as I dealt with them with my own son.  All I can say is to keep up with what you are doing, showing him patience and love.  In time, he will come around.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with Eric. It`s not always easy being a little kid.
I hope things go well.
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace