Thursday, July 20, 2006

Slow Thursday

My Mom surprised me today by saying she was happy to see me.  It was nice to see love in her eyes for me as I did stuff for her today.  A look that has never been there before.  So it was very nice.  So we got her some new shoes today with velcro that would make closing them easier.  Hopefully the new shoes will be better on her feet.

It seems I am now just dealing with my SIL who seems to be doing all the work on their end.  No biggie. Before this I hadn't talked to my brother in 9 years and I don't mind doing it again. 

I was hoping it was going to be cooler here like yesterday, but no such luck.  My car AC is sucking up my gas at an alarming rate, but it is just way to hot not to have it on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Velcro shoes [slapping my forehead] duh, perfect idea!   Glad she's appreciating you some now, Mike:)   And, eh, at least in some fashion, your brother is somewhat connected to this, even if via your SIL.   If it works for you and him, oh well.   It'll be fall in time.....  -- Robin  

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that your mom said it was nice seeing you. It wasn't to bad in IL. today. Just about 82 or something.