Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Setting Standards

Eric and I are enjoying ourselves this week with errands and games.  I am seeing why sometimes Eric is called a cry baby.  Sometimes when things don't go his way he breaks into tears and starts sobbing away.  I never want to squash his tears, but get a more realistic response for his age.  So that is what I worked on yesterday with him.  After the initial outburst was that he was seven and not three.  If he wanted to keep up with the whimpering he could, but that was not how a seven year old acted.  That all the things we were doing (TV shows, games) were for seven year olds.  If he continued acting this way he wouldn't be able to do this stuff.  So after a little thought he cleaned up his act.  Hopefully it will stick.

Getting real tired of my Mom's stuff.  We went to visit her yesterday and their was no sitter with her.  Also the weekend sitter didn't do anything.  So I had to take care of this problem with them.  Also her old phone is still on and getting billed.  All small stuff, but on top of my stuff I just don't want to deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Mike,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello and tell you I am so happy for you  spending time with your son.. I think you are on the right track with the whining stuff.. good for you.. I love the name Eric by the way..that's my dads name.. have a safe 4th July.. enjoy!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

You know what, Mike? It is so very clear that you are the real parent here. We hope you enjoy your Father-Son time this 4th of July and that you never lose heart.  You really are doing a great job! ---angel

Anonymous said...

it's so hard not having Eric live with you because I don't think your ex does such a great job. I'm very sorry.  Sorry, about your mom and the sitter.