Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Always Tricky

One of my patients contacted me asking me my opinion on their daughter who went to another chiropractor and what I thought of his prescribed treatment.  Always tricky situation unless the doc is a complete boob.  However she trust my judgment so I am honest with what I think and what I would do and let them make their own decision.

"I'd never belong to a club that would have me as a member." ~ Groucho Marx

This quote came to my mind yesterday as I walked through the mall.  Two separate women had seemed interested in me, but I wasn't in them.  This came back to my mind.  My therapist and I had talked about this when I use to go, but why I can't remember.  Anyway there were woman that I liked that didn't like me.  So I had to look at it.  Had I fallen into that situation that I was only going for the unattainable?  Looking over the past year I didn't think so.  I had gone out with a few women who had started the process.  However I do know I can get into that man on a mission thinking and not see who is interested in me.  Something I am still working on. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I went through the 'how come no one I likes likes me and visa versa" thing I was challenged to really look at what I found attractive in a man.  While I absolutely agree that the outside package is important, what did I really find attractive and hope to find in a partner?  Once that was listed, it was suggested to me that what I had described was the type of person I should become.

oh.  

I had really hoped it would be easier - like just joining an online dating service.

Good Luck!
Leslie K.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mike !!!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. I always get interested in guys that aren't interested in me at all why is that ????? I like guys that don't even know I exist. To guys that I like its like I'm invisible to them or they just don't notice me. You and I have things in common. I'm glad you shared this. Have a good one Mike.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaah....we all do that, I think.  Go for the unattainable.  It's more fun, even if we do get shot down a lot!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!~

Haven't heard from you in a long while.  I read your last 7-8 entries to catch up with what you have been doing.  Glad to know you are dating again.  Take it slow and easy, no hurry.  Sorry there was no chemistry with Christine.  I feel my life has been going to hell in a handbasket as of late and I have been having some health issues, but I am grateful to still be breathing.  Take care of yourself!~

Hugs and prayers!~

Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

Anonymous said...

Interesting entry. Actually, I posted an entry that rings a bell with this one.
Hope you can come by and visit.
Take care,
Gem :-)
http://journals.aol.com/libragem007/JournallyYours


Anonymous said...

You know, your journal makes me really think about my life and some of the decisions I have made... Keep up the good writings.

***Monica

Anonymous said...

You have such interesting insights into your life. I enjoy reading your journal.
Shadie