Friday, September 1, 2006

Start Gathering the Animals

Well we had 10 inches of rain so far and about another 3 hours of rain before it starts slowing down.  I will probably leave work early today since I doubt if I will get any last minute calls.

I can't believe I got a letter from state taxes yesterday for the business saying I missed one month. That being June 2005.  2005? that is over a year ago.  Is that how far the government is behind.  WTF?  Now I have to dig through my records to find a check for then.

Mom was off today.  Just in a bad mood so hopefully after her nap she will be better.  I did get to talk to my brother for about 10 minutes on the phone just about ourselves.  It was nice to be congratulated on my work on our Mom and his offer of help if I needed anything personally.  My brother made a good point about divorce.  I already knew from my own experience that Eric would still be able to grow to be productive being a child of divorce.  However my brother pointed out that you then don't have a template for how to make a relationship work to stay together.  Boy could I relate to that.  I mean I learned a lot the last 5 years of marriage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how far behind the government can get with something, but one they catch up, they expect you to be on top of THEIR game too!  Be ready to pay up, if you owe something, within so many days..or else!  But, if they owed you money.. hmmmph!  You can just wait till they are good and ready to give it to you!  Astounding how that works, isn't it?

Parenting whether together or divorced doesn't come with a set of rules.  You just have to try your best to stay in the game, and play as fair as possible.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I got a letter just recently about my state taxes from 2005 also...wtf?  I have a different situation...my parents stayed together...but weren't happy....so I really have no idea how to make a relationship work the way I think it should...if that makes sense...

Tracie

Anonymous said...

2005 is nothing!! Last year about this time, we got a letter saying that we hadn't paid taxes in 1994!!! I thought there was like a 7 year time limit on taxes.. But I was sooo wrong. Luckily, I was able to prove them wrong! :)

***Monica