Friday, September 22, 2006

Contentment

"Life am good." ~ Bizarro

I got an email from a woman I know last night.  She had asked me out last week, but I had turned her down since I would rather stay friends with her than anything else.  Anyway she is vacationing in California and she send some great pics of the area.  It was nice to say wow, but not feel like I was missing out.  That I was very happy and content in my life and what I have.

A few friends asked this morning if I was being too fast with Colleen.  If she contacts me I would love to go out again.  However I have put enough energy in and want to see some return.  I have spent too much of my life putting energy into the relationship (money) pit with friends and closer relationships.  I don't do that anymore.

I think my brother and family are having a harder time with our Mom.  They keep asking me how I am holding up.  Dealing with our Mom is a breeze for me.  I know my limitation and have set my boundaries with her.  I do my labors of love and that is it.  I have other things in life that are more pressing for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learning your personal limits IS a good thing:)   Enjoy your Friday. -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Where at in California?  Hope you have a great weekend.

Terra

Anonymous said...

hey Mike, I just found your blog. I was reading some of your posts, well at least your out there dating. I could care less about it,lol...I want it to come like a breeze and not a hurricane,,,lol....I am also horrible at Hi, how are you's...its the "knowing" someone like an old blanket that is best...so, since I cant forward time, I prefer mountains

Sorry to hear about the ending of your prior relationship,,,,,but your righton about meeting someone whose where your head is at...and the energy to make it happen.....Sometimes,,its timing and loss before we turn up the duracell....=-Raven

Anonymous said...

well it sounds like you are in a good place now. Glad that you know how to deal with your mom.