Saturday, September 2, 2006

Saturday Musings

One thing that I have been talking about with friends this week is that I am still perplexed what to do with my feelings when a woman is interested in me.  I'm okay the other way around.  I think it still lies in my perfectionism defect.  That I have to act or be a certain way because if she really knew me she wouldn't like me.  An old tape, but still a powerful one. 

I don't want to work today.  Usually we are closed for Labor Day weekend, but not this year and they keep booking more parties.  We already had a wedding and another party tonight with regular reservations.  Now they have added the dreaded hoochie momma party.  I already have to be there 2 hours early now to be there till 3 am with rude people.  This sucks.  Also now they want to do a party tomorrow.  I don't think so.  Christine and I have finally gotten a day off together and we want to go on a date.  So NOTHING is getting in the way.  I might be tired for tomorrows hike, but I will be there.  It will just be weird to where jeans on a first date, but I would feel weird to dress up to go hiking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow and your time with Christine. First thing ya know, Hoochie Mama and her rude people will be long gone. It will all be over but the shouting, Mike. ---angel

Anonymous said...

(continued) You sop up negativity like a sponge. Don't store it on a tape.  Just listen to your friends who know you better than yourself.---angel

Anonymous said...

Yep, anal but nice fits you very well, Mike. Just go light on yourself....or the "sponge" gets it....:) ---angel