Saturday, September 23, 2006

Relaxing

As usual my friend Paul and I talk every day as we have for the last 5 years except for a handful of days.  I didn't have much to report today.  Colleen never re-contacted me so I wrote that off.   I was happy for the two dates and learned more about what I want and don't want.

The rest was that I'm happy. I'm happy with my career as well as my part time job.  My friends which you are all a part of, my home, etc.  The only thing I need a boost in is money.  Although if I had enough to cover everything I don't know if I could handle all that happiness.   I may joke about that, but I always look at that just to make sure I am not sabotaging myself from success. 

I finally finished my short story today and in a few days I will re-edit it.  When I started it last week I was just doing it to have an outlet for some extra creativity, but then I figured I would try to get it published.  Funny though most fantasy companies don't want short stories only books.  It's funny how times change.  Years ago they would only take short stories.  Oh well.  Guess I will have to keep cranking stuff out and see how it goes.  Not a super desire to be published, but it would be a nice dream come true.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with getting the short story published; I am behind on my journal reading so I don't know what happened with Colleen. I will read  your other entries to catch up on things. Being content with our lives is a good thing; it means you are in a good place right now. and money isn't everything...at least...thats what I keep telling myself!
Have a great day!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

This is a nice entry to see, Mike. Somehow, with all the things going on in your life, you always seem to wind up on top. We're sure you will be on the Sunday New York Times Best Seller List any day now. Enjoy! ---angel

Anonymous said...

Never give up! Tammy

Anonymous said...

We could all use a boost of money.
Good luck on having your work published
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

goodluck on getting your work published,
Gem :-)