Monday, September 25, 2006

Time Out

Well it is taking me a while to wind back up after fully relaxing yesterday.  One thing I did notice yesterday is that I need to start my count from when I throw the towel in with a person.  Not our last conversation.  I've probably talked about this before, but since I didn't learn here I am again.  I was counting from Wednesday with Colleen, but since I made the cut off date Friday that is when I have to start my count.  When I start to date someone I set up a space for them somewhere inside of me and when it doesn't work out I have to take time to break it back down again.  Maybe it's mourning and going through the full range of emotions that I never use to do.  However I do know that without this time I start to NEED to have this place filled instead of a healthier want.  I caught myself getting all wound up last night with wanting to find someone.  It's a place I don't need to go since it quickly destroys my happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I start to NEED to have this place filled instead of a healthier want.  


Deep...Deep.....can I quote this on my blog?....it so very true that we honor that healing time---Raven

Anonymous said...

Raven's comment rings true.  I am glad you've recognized this in yourself, Mike.   You'll be fine!   Heck, how many people truly aim to learn as they go, and try to stay somewhat on track, too?!   Besides, there's no rush.  Plenty of fish out there ;)-- Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!

I am sorry to hear about you and Colleen. I am sure you will find someone. You and I have another thing in common.....wanting to find someone and liking Starbucks. Your a totally great guy who deserves to have someone special in his life. Colleen is a nut if she doesn't see how great you are. The women in your town must be quite blind or crazy.

Anyway...I'm still in your cheering section. You can count on me. Take care.