Thursday, September 7, 2006

What I Hate

You know I really hate when I walk into a place that is expecting you and they are like "who are you?"  Never a good sign.  Anyway I got booted from the scheduled open houses since they changed the format to individual class rooms.  So I will get together with the PTA president about doing the presentation at one of their meetings.  I did remember how to help myself with talking to a large crowd.  Don't wear my glasses.  Makes everyone a little fuzzy since when I am talking if I zoom in on one person I am dead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate having to speak in front of a crowd. Makes me so nervous. good idea with the taking off of the glasses; I will try that if I ever find myself in that situation again.
have a great weekend Mike!
Maria

Anonymous said...

I think having your presentation at a meeting set up to include it, would be best:)  People who are interested can know to come.   Back to school nights, oy, they are busy enough, scrambling for daycare and fitting in dinner.   I know it'd be a presentation not just for the school might be too distracting for those focused on other things, IMHO.   Sorry you got booted, though.  Yeah, not a good sign.  And, you could use the publicity!   :)   Hope the other ones go well.   -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't post with a headache.....  I didn't mean to sound harsh.  You should have been told IN ADVANCE that the format had changed, and that your presentation didn't fit in now.   What a disappointment after gearing yourself up.   I DO, however, think it'll go over best in that other meeting.  I meant that positively:)   Hey, here, even PTA's can't put notices in kids backpacks from schools, albeit they might allow that quarterly or something.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to do the presentation.. But hopefully it will go better when you get it set up the next time.

Have a good weekend.. Hope you enjoy your date!!!


***Monica