Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wow only one person

After almost 40 years I still wait for the confusion when I say I have an older brother named Mike.  I remember my ex saying she freaked when she heard me say that on our first date cause then she though she didn't know my name.  LOL.  I am surprised only one person said anything about it.

My 2 older brothers have a different father than I and the joke in the family is that if my Mom only knew 2 names and if she had another son she would name him Frank.  I was named in the Italian fashion after my grandfather.  Just another point of insanity of my youth.  When you grow up that way you're just use to it.

If you have no idea what I am talking about it was something I mentioned in my other journal.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it did throw me.  I started wondering if I was reading YOUR other journal or not!   :)  Thanks for clarifying; you're still you.   -- Robin

Anonymous said...

oh geez! I got it. I can't believe I read pass that name *Mike*..it's like I didn't even see it was there. Gosh, I guess it is so true that we only read what we wants to read (seeing)
ok..
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

My husband had an uncle ( he passed away quite awhile ago) who he and his brothers all had the same first name (Joseph) so they went by their middle names.  I only knew him as "Uncle Clem" and I didn't know this until I went to send him a wedding invitation. I was so confused!
Maria

Anonymous said...

That is strange.

Terra

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is Bob, and his brother is Bob.  Both of them had fathers named Bob, who wanted sons named Bob.  So ... two Bobs.  ( Was great to get over here and catch up on things, Mike.  Sounds like all is well ... glad to hear it! ) Tina

Anonymous said...

If i had read it in your other journal you know i would have mentioned it lol
How interesting Mike & Mike wow
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

There is this really hillbilly family that was here a long time ago. They had sons named Big Paul and Little Paul... It was even on the birth certs!!!!

***M