Saturday, February 3, 2007

Family Fun

Well it was a fun day with the family of origin.  Something I never thought I would say.  I got to my Mom's early today and got her teeth all cleaned up before my brother and family got there.  It was a nice time and we even took her outside.  While we sat in the waiting area many of Mom's old aides stopped by to say hello to her which was really nice.  As most of you know my family is pretty dysfunctional so this was something of a milestone for us all to be sitting around having fun.

My brother set himself up when he asked our Mom who was cutier him or their dog. My Mom said the dog.  Some things never change.  Afterwards I was sad.  Family get togethers like this are rare and rarer still that they go well so it was touching.  Also as it was yesterday it was loads of fun with my niece Lucy which makes me miss Eric more.  So I was sad for a while today.

I got together with them again for dinner and I got some business advice from them which was helpful.  My niece will pretty much eat anything at 3 years old.  I saw he eat a raw oyster so there is probably nothing she won't eat.  LOL. 

My SIL told me she doesn't take to older men well so it was nice to see her take so well to me.  What can I say I'm a big kid at heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed a nice day with your family.  I know what you mean about wishing these days would happen more often.  I get frustrated by the fact that if I dont organize them, they don't take place.  But that's how it is.  
Thanks for sharing your pics.  It was fun to see your family.   Tina

Anonymous said...

That it was even warm enough to go outside!  :)
I'm glad you have these rare moments at least.   I wish you had them more often, including with Eric.  -- Robin