Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thurday's Hurdles

I was very happy that my friend Paul said I could stay with him this weekend.  That's a $400 savings.  What a relief.  Gearing myself up for the trip.  It's always a emotional roller coaster.  The excitement to see him, the stress of the long drive, the fun and stress of being a full time Dad all of a sudden again.  Then as it peaks it's dealing with Eric's anxieties of the coming end of the weekend, that coupled with my own sadness.  So it's a real workout.

Mom's routine check up this morning turned into a 2 hour fiasco.  First she wasn't in the computer, but when they checked her chart is was written right there.  I usually give the paperwork to the nurse or doctor when she goes in.  This time they wanted it before hand which was unknown to me.  So we ended up waiting an hour till I heard them calling my Mom's facility for the papers.  When we finally got inside they didn't know she had a stroke last month so questions and tests followed.  Mom was doing well through it all.  When I get back next week I need to do her nails again and give her teeth a good cleaning.  Between my schedule and all the activities she went to this week I haven't had the chance.

I'll call April tonight before she gets to rehearsal for the comedy improv and set up seeing hopefully for next Tuesday.  Hopefully it will be from home tonight since I am tired and would like a good night's rest before the road trip tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
I have not been around reading (jland in general) but this entry tells me you're gearing up for a trip and how well your mom is doing.
I wish you a safe trip. That sure was nice of your friend to offer a place to stay while you visit Eric..
(sorry, not much to say...but just letting you know I appreciate your sharing of you through your journal.)

Take care, have a safe trip & truly-enjoy your time with your son while you're there.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

just letting you now I'm here..  ;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Mike.. I want you to know that even though I have not been commenting, I have been reading.  I'm so happy for you that you have found someone that you actually click with, and are looking forward to spending more time with.  You deserve that happiness, and I hope it all works out for you.

Have a good time this weekend!  Be safe!  

And.. thank you for your comments in my journal... :)

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

glad you are saving 400.00. That's big help for sure. I hope you have fun with your son. I know it's hard to see your son then not see him for a while.