Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saturday in Review

Well I was surprised to find my Mom in her old state yesterday after being only 24 hours in the Alzhiemer's unit.  She was feeding herself and asking questions again which was good.  She started to get sad when I was there and wanted to go home.  So I must bring up older memories in her head somewhere.

Little bummed S didn't show yesterday at Starbucks.  Ms. Hallmark did show her face with a coworker, but they quickly left since it was really crowded then.  I headed next door a little later on, but she was no where to be seen.  She must work in the back and that is why I never see her when I am in there.  Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized I haven't gotten an alert from you in months, damn AOL!!!
I hope your mom is ok!

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I've heard that sometimes those with Alzheimer's can have phases of lucidity again.   It's got to be a bit heartwrenching either way.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking care of your Mom. My hubby always visits and calls his Mom and Dad and I like that. It's just that a lot of people do not care about their aging parents anymore. Hugs to you, my friend.