Saturday, February 3, 2007

Starbucks and Dating

Well I did my stop in at Hallmark today and she wasn't around again.  So I figured I would buy a card.  I was waiting till she was around, but I figured I get Eric a b-day card before his 18th birthday the way this was going.  So I found a really good one, paid for it, and headed over to Starbucks.

I got a seat next to my pal J the homeless guy.  He was fixated on other people today instead of me which was good.  An attractive woman that I saw come in last week came in today. However she wasn't making eye contact.  So I went on with my writing.  A while later and attractive woman sat down in front of me.  I wrote her off since I could tell she was waiting to meet someone.  He walked in a little while later.  However one thing I did notice over the next hour was that she was looking over at me and smiling.  So I smiled back and figured I needed to eavesdrop on this conversation to see what the hell is going on.  Anyway there friends I come to find out.  She's in her 20's I can tell, but I'm really liking the smile.  So I end up turning my laptop back on and decide to stay.  She's still giving me the occasional eye and when her friend goes to the bathroom I start up some small talk with her.  She's fun and easy to talk to. Her friend comes back WAY to fast.  Anyway she comes there a lot just later than I do.  The best part of this is when I am talking to her Ms. Hallmark decides to walk in.  Hey lady where the hell have you've been?  LOL.  It's getting close to when I need to meet my brother for dinner.  S's friend is not leaving again and I feel weird asking her out in front of him.  So when I left I told her I hope to see her there again and that I would be back tomorrow afternoon.  Hopefully she will be there or I'll have to stop in later during the week.

Actually a question.  What is the etiquette when two people are together and you want to ask one out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the way?  Three is a bit of a crowd when you are asking for a date.  I think you handled that well.  You let her know how to find you if she is interested.  Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.  =)   Tina

Anonymous said...

Well, first off, you're also going by her cues, so that is good!   If she wants to run into you again, she'll be ther,e or, um, was there.  I await the update........