Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm Back

I tell you next time I think I need to bring my laptop with me.  I still make calls to friends, but writing is so therapeutic to me that I missed it.

I have to admit I had a lot less anxiety this trip up.  I know it is from many things.  One being I have been working on that area over the last few months and it has paid off.  The second one is that last month I put a huge dent in the what I owed in child support.  Plus I was able to repay both of my friends that lent me money when I was really hurting and wondering where my next meal was coming from.  So not feeling so much in the hole has helped.

Anyway I didn't bring my boxing gloves which worked out good since my FIL just scowled and passed Eric to me before returning to the house.  Happy for small favors.  Boy is he getting big and that was the first thing my friend Paul said when he saw him.  Also he is so my son.  From his fingers to certain mannerisms.  It was pretty funny.  Both Eric and I were glad I have been working out so I could still lift him into the air.  Something that made him extremely happy.

My patients always ask when do I go on vacation and I tell them it's my visits with my son. So this trip I tried more to treat it like a vacation to get more relaxation out it which led to more enjoyment.  It was interesting how the new view helped.

I tell you though every time I go back to NY I am so glad I don't live there anymore.  I feel like a rat in a maze when I'm there.  I'm just not use to the congestion anymore.  I was honked at more this weekend then I have been in the last year.  I still have no idea why? 

Eric really liked his stuff so the thrift store came through again. Finding all the stuff he likes, but is no linger available normally has been a great find.

I took a bunch of pictures which I'll post tomorrow.  I made sure to get a lot since it was the reason I got the camera in the first place.

Eric was better this visit, but still had one crying attack about the family being no longer together.  So we left off that I will come see him again in April.  I will tell you the better I get the more it hurts when I drop him off. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome home...I love NY btw....my favorite place in the world!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Of course it hurts.   Even knowing why you don't live there any more, and not just the congestion, it can still hurt.   But, still feeling means you and Eric still have a bond, right?!  I'm glad you'll go back in April!  Maybe it can be for longer this time even.   And, yes, doesn't it feel good to get some of ones debts paid off?!  Yeah -- Robin

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you talk so positively about the things that are going on in your life, Mike.  You are definitely growing in a positive direction, and it's obvious, just in the way you write here!

Hugs
Jackie