Friday, February 9, 2007

Friday Thoughts

What a crap night at valet.  A party for 300 turned out to be around a 100 and only 1 car for us.  LOL.  We even had an extra guy on tonight.  The interesting thing that happened tonight was that we had extra help upstairs too.  One of the extra bartenders was an attractive woman.  I said a few words in passing in the kitchen and she smiled and winked at me.  Hey I might be slow, but I wasn't stupid.  We exchanged a few words with every one else around.  Then she said she knew Kyle our manager.  That sent a red flag up since pretty much all of his "groupies" smoke and I don't date smokers.  So I asked one of the waiters to find out for me if she smoked.  With the party so slow I was able to stop upstairs and make some more small talk with her, but it wasn't until the end of the night I was told she smoked.  No biggie.  I was happy that I was picking up more signals than before.  That I have to say has been since I saw S last Saturday.  So a lesson was learned somewhere.  Also I am hoping that S is at Starbucks tomorrow.  She knows I'll be there so here's hoping.

My friend Rosalie finally stopped by my office today.  I usually go over to her office to get treated, but today she needed one of my modalities.  I really liked what she had to say about my office.  She said she really couldn't picture what it would look like, but she said it was cozy.  I liked that.

I was happy to be there today when my Mom moved over to her new place.  She was like a child the first day of school, all apprehensive.  The new people coming in and out to get her all settled made her nervous.  However the nurse that came and sat down and told her all the things about the unit was the cherry on the top.  Mom was really getting anxious the more information she spurted out and I was like this is an Alzheimers/dementia unit.  Is this really necessary?

No comments: