Friday, February 16, 2007

Post Date Report

Well here it is what you've all been waiting for the post date rap up.

Well I picked up April at her job when she got off.  She was dressed very nice and had her hair done up fancy. She says she's not a big make up person and had help with everything.  I thought she looked great and said so.  She does have a natural beauty and too much makeup would take away from that. 

We went to the Capo Cafe.  It was different than I expected. It was like a glorified bar, but it was quiet.  Our waitress was nice, but liked to hover.  I swear I never understood more than a handful of words from her all night.  I had to keep looking at April to see what was said since she talked so low I think.  The food was very good like I heard it was.  Very surprising for the place.  It did get more crowded as the night went on and more smokey which sucked.

Anyway April and I talked and laughed a lot.  We're both weird so it helped.  Before the whole date I stopped myself from thinking of things to say since I knew I was trying to control the outcome of the night.  Letting go of that helped me be more relaxed and go with the flow.  So I was more humorous and lively.  It was a fun time talking about schooling to board games.

What was weird was that she never touched me which I take as a strong sign of attraction, although I could read it on her face from a mile away.  My problem was not being able to let go of not being touched to seal the deal.  I personally couldn't get over how attractive she looked and that something she has inside herself.  This drive that really attracts me.  Anyway we talked after dinner and then we decided to hit the road.  We continued talking about all types of stuff until I got her back to her car. 

I was going to ask if she had a good time since she was yawning (although I know she works a lot) to see if she liked me or not.  Then she asked me for my cell number again and I knew she did.  So I asked her if she wanted to go out again and she said yes.  We'll go out Tuesday after work.  We had a nice little kiss and said our goodbyes. 

I do see that April is good with some things and lacking in others.  With conversation she is good and can keep it moving.  I saw even with our kiss in the physical department she is waiting for me to lead.  I'm okay with that, but I am glad to know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it!! I just knew it!!! ( I will refrain from saying I TOLD YOU SO!...BUT I TOLD YOU SO!!!)
I am so glad the nite went so well....I am so very happy for you.
I just had a feeling things were going to go well for you tonite.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

(Wiggle, wiggle) What was that? Me, doing my happy dance for you! Hugs to you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

GREAT NEWS INDEED. Your date sounded great. I'm sure April liked you . She might have been nervous. She might have been thinking of perhaps touching you like brushing her fingers in reaching for something but she probably rethought it. She was also probably tired which might explain the yawning. If she didn't like you she wouldn't have asked for your cell phone number in which to call you. She also said yes to going out again which is a good sign. You both kissed each other which is another good sign. I'm sure you two will have a wonderful 2nd date. I will totally be cheering for you and her to have a great memorable date. I am totally in your corner and will be wishing you luck even though you won't need it. I'm sure your next date will be a good one so don't worry just be yourself and you will do fine. I'm cheering you on Mike so you have a cheering section in me and many of your other J-Land friends. Take care Mike and let us know how your next date goes okay.

Anonymous said...

Ah, ok, I hadn't been able to read this full entry until now, so I didn't know you'd had a first kiss already:)   Sounds good!  And, yes, I'm fairly certain she was anticipating YOU leading some of this, but the conversation is good to let go and let the flow.   Both weird, lol, I like that.  -- Robin