Monday, February 5, 2007

Superbowl, Dating, etc.

It was funny I was at Starbucks yesterday for a while working and I looked up and it was completely empty as was the parking lot.  LOL.  I guess the Superbowl has started already.  As you probably can tell I didn't really care.  Anyway Hallmark was closed and Ms. Hallmark was no where to be seen again.

Trying to hit the brakes with the girl S from Saturday.  I'm in my usual jumping to light speed state.  I want to camp out there until she comes back.  My friend thought I was stopping dating, but I was just trying to slow myself down.  I want to be like an old man easing into a hot bath instead of a teenager head first into the pool.  It's a lot of work since this is new territory to me.  The really funny thing is that I have been talking to this hairdresser every few days just casual and I want her to move faster.  I realized this morning that she is moving at normal speed and I am the crazy one.  So I'm putting my right hand turn signal on, hoping in the far hand left lane, and slowing down to a crawl on the highway of life.

Well I stopped by the rec center today and I was hoping to set up some late night classes for me to teach on health.  What I did get is teaching in the morning to the senior crowd.  I started to grumble, but I had to realize this crowd is really health oriented and could be really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya just never know what networking connection you may get!  :)

Anonymous said...

just keep it slow and you'll know when you meet someone special.

Anonymous said...

Mike....Superbowl? Sad thing.. As you already know, I'm in Chicago I am still in disbelief the Bears made it to the Superbowl. I really didn't care too much either because I knew we'd lose! That's just been my attitude lately.  Anyway, I know what you're feeling...You know my sit with dating...slow is the best thing...believe me. I am going at a worms warp speed right now..which is pretty damn slow considering it has been 14 months! So who is this hair dresser? OK here's a question for ya, how serious are you on the dating thing? You might have told me before but lately my mind hasn't been really clear as I nearly lost my Dad last week. But have you tried internet dating? That is how I met "Dreamy" You have to pick out a lot of weeds but you just don't know what might come out of it! I had a lot of fun and made a lot of new friends amongst the way. OK what did I miss? Are you working at my favorite hot caffeinated place? Eme and let me know...Also I know you are a bit disappointed about the morning choice..but Mike, as you know too, I strongly believe things happen for a reason. This might be some sort of stepping stone that might make a life changing experience. Life is really weird that way. I am still trying to figure out why and HOW I made a choice to live where I am at. I still feel like I am in a daze! So think of this as an experience that might possibly set you up for a path you didn't realize you were going to take!!!!  OK can you tell I am feeling pretty shitty right now? LOL

White Chocolate Mocha skim easy on the whip plez! :)
Becca~

Anonymous said...

Ladies are usually pretty good about setting the desired speed. From this ladies experience, me, when the men try to reach over and stomp on the gas, I equal react and smack the brakes. You're doing good :o)
Seniors are some of the most fascinating people in the world, enjoy them~
Rebecca