Monday, February 19, 2007

Thoughts, Musings, Etc.

Lying in bed this morning I found the answer to my question I had asked myself last week.  What am I looking to get out of a relationship?  Healthier traits.  As I watched April move through the room last night I saw that she is more healthier than I in relationships.  She is casual and has distinct boundaries.  We could separate do our own thing and come back together without a hitch.  Something I am not use to with my ex.  I also see I will be working on one of me defects with her (many I know), but in certain areas she wants me to lead and I know myself.  When faced with uncertainty I will wait for the other person in a relationship which isn't always the best. 

One thing that really struck me last night was that I'm not ready emotionally to have sex with this woman.  Not that I was looking to hop into bed with her fast.  It was just a sobering thought. The last woman I was intimate with was my ex over 2 1/2 years ago.  The one woman in that time that I dated that wanted to have sex with me I said I needed time and then proceeded to dump me.  No regrets with my decision then and still none today.  No real direction with this just feelings.

The other thing I realized with April last night is that she wants to be with me and there is no need which is a good thing. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This all sounds so, gosh, healthy!   :)   Which is good.   I like hearing all of this for you, Mike.   And the photos hehehe.  Does she know that you have a journal?  Oh, and so you saw her last night, too.   I need to catch up on journal reading.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

No sex in 2 1/2 years???? Holy shit...yes i am still reading you... ;-)
Lyn

http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

P.S How old is April?? her friends look like my kids....