Monday, October 23, 2006

6 Days

So after 6 days I called my son since I hadn't heard from him at our usual phone calls.  It was a nice talk and it was good to hear all that he had been up to. 

However it is the same shit different day with my ex.  It is her responsibility for the calls and after all her niceness of the last few contacts this is what I have come to expect from her.  Wish it didn't have to keep happening, but if it didn't we would probably be still together.

Talking to my friend about my Mom.  Most people are surpised that I see her six days a week.  The lady at Starbucks this morning asked me if I was a momma's boy.  LOL.  I don't think so.  My Mom use to be a crazy, abusive, bitch.  However since the strokes and the dementia started she is a lot nicer and appreciative of others.  So I take it as a gift in my Mom's later years to able to be loving and closer to her.  She doesn't remember one day from another which is olay.  She is now in my care and this is how I am with people that I care about.  Also my Mom got her wish.  My brother and I are not estranged anymore after aabout 9 years.  Something she tried very hard to put an end to over the years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let anyone make you feel bad. They don't get it. Everyday is a gift & you can't get back any day you lose. I think back to even the years I was off at college & that is needed & wonderful but all the memories I missed with my parents & three siblings at home. My youngest bro grew up into a man & I missed the whole thing. You know what is important & everyday is a gift!

Anonymous said...

I think its wonderful that healing comes to broken painful memories...-Raven