Friday, October 27, 2006

Books

I'm a big book reader and I keep my books as pristine as possible.  So I get really pissed when I lend a book out and I get it back like someone tried to dry hump it.  Every single inch of space has been crinkled.  WTF?  Rob who borrowed it was like it was perfectly normal.  This is why I don't lend books out.  That or I never get them back.  I remember my friend John years ago borrowed a few of my  books since he reads more than I do.  John is a binder breaker.  He holds a book like King Kong does his jaw breaking move.  He was very surprised when I said no more.  The best was Gary who returned my book with pieces of the cover missing.  I would have asked if his dog had been chewing on it, but he didn't have one.  What happened run out jerky?  He was a little offended when I wanted a new book.  Did these people miss that day in kindergarten when you learned that when you borrow something you return it in the same condition. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I couldnt borrow a book from you because I take my books everywhere and they look like it especially in the bath.. I love to read in the bath...but I don't borrow much and if I do I only read them before I go to sleepLol
I don't loan a book unless I'm sure it wont bother me if I don't get it back because most times I don't
donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I totally agree with you. I think that if you borrow something of someone else's you should return it as you received it. I would have returned your book as you gave it to me. I believe in bookmarks or sticking a piece of paper in the book to know where I left off. You might want to tell your friends that there is a certain way you want your things returned. Its a shame you got your books back in such a way. Hopefully it won't happen again. I am also a big book reader as well so I know how you feel. Do take care........byyyyyye.

Anonymous said...

You could put an Edgar Allen Poe label in your book that says "This book belongs to Mike and Take it nevermore." (Found this at Borders)---angel

Anonymous said...

You could also try, "Thanks for the prints. The fbi will be knocking on your door any day now." (This one is my own idea) ---angel

Anonymous said...

That should be a crime, abusing a book! :(
penny