Sunday, October 1, 2006

Sunday

After some initial rain this morning it was a beautiful day here.  I headed over to the Bark in the Park today.  Whoa!  What a happening place with all the people and then all the dogs.  I watched a sheep herding and the police dog demonstration.  Both were really good, but not having a dog did limit my activities. 

So I headed over to Starbucks to relax and do some writing which was my primary motivation, but I still kept my eye open.  I have to admit it's a terrible place to pick meet someone.  All the women are either a lot younger than me or married.

Anyway since it was a beautiful afternoon I grabbed a pint of ice cream and headed over to Mount Trashmore park.  I grabbed I nice spot on the top of the big hill which over looked the surrounding area.  It was nice to enjoy some a frozen dessert while enjoying the experience.  The rest of my time there I read and practiced my juggling.

I'm impressed my ex got our son a skateboard.  I know she dreaded it.  Eric was really excited and looking forward to trying it out. 

I have to admit it was saddening to see so many couples together over at the park.  I do miss it.  The funny thing it was such a small part of my relationship with my ex that is almost like it never happened.  However I still miss that nice interaction that couples have.  Maybe it's just the romantic in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!

As you know I also love Starbucks. If I were in your neck of the woods and I would have been at the Starbucks I would have walked over and said hello and I'm sure we would have had a great conversation. I bought some ice cream today called "Root Beer Float" and some Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. I too am a romantic as well your not the only one. I hope that you have a great week. I shall return to read your journal again. Take care Mike.

Anonymous said...

and someday you will find that person to be with.