Saturday, October 28, 2006

Writing is Therapeutic

The added bonus I am finding with writing is that I'm pushing myself in my weaker areas.  My main character is the eternal optimist.  All of life is an adventure and challenge and that makes him happy.  I work my recovery in that way so as not to fall into old bad habits.  So I am constantly writing and think how to act in a way different from me.  Interesting.

Looking forward to the Halloween party tonight.  No nerves yet, but I am looking forward to just having fun.  Friends and dating are down the list. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!!

I am feeling good today too. I hope you have fun tonight at the Halloween party. I'm sure you will meet lots of new people there. So just be yourself and have a blast. Byyyyyyye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike, I think you should go to the Halloween Party as yourself dressed in a casual suit that a reporter might wear...Only add a Superman T-shirt under your regular shirt and leave a few buttons undone to make the others think Mild Mannered Clark Kent just got back from a rescue mission. Be sure to keep your glasses on to observe just who figures out your disguise...and Have Fun tonight!---angel

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...I think that is a great idea....excellent!!!!!! We can learn from our own writing and our characters...eternal optimists are wonderful warriors...They have hope down....

~Raven