Monday, October 9, 2006

Train Man

Visited a bunch of book stores today.  Inside one I found a new manga (Japanese comics) called Train Man.  It was so great that I read it all in the store and still bought it.  LOL.  What I loved about it I guess it reminded me of me in a way.  It's a story about a young guy who is basically a nerd and into a lot of fantasy, sci-fi, and online computer forums.  Anyway on the train one day he helps a bunch of ladies when this old man goes postal.

Anyway one of the ladies likes him.  The story continues on with his relationship with her.  The anxieties of calling her, asking her out, etc.  His life line is his computer forum in which everyone is giving him help.  The people get so into his struggles it becomes almost a reality show for them.  I had to control my laughing in the book store.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you enjoyed it so much. Japanese comics. LOL. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Does kind of sound like our online life here in Jland, doesn't it?  Just one big soap opera as we travel from one blog to the other!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading my books and etc, before I leave Barnes & Noble. ~~giggles~~ I am glad you enjoy your comic book. I can spend hours in a book store too.


In Christ,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

    I love this, Mike.  I can imagine you trying to stifle your laughs as you read it.   Isn't it crazy to find yourself reading something that hits home ... and crazier still, when you find it in a comic book ...  lol     xx   Tina  

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, that is funny.   Well, we ARE getting glimpses of your version of reality as time goes on:)   lol  -- Robin