Sunday, October 8, 2006

Sunday

Saw Departed today.  It was okay.  The characters were very interesting, but the suspense lacked.  A quarter of the way through the movie I realized it was a remake of a Chinese movie called Internal Affairs which I thought was done better.  However I enjoyed myself and that is all that matters to me.

I feel like the guy that goes to his local bar and everybody knows his name.  The Starbucks I go to that is the way it is.  The staff know me and what I drink.  It is a rarity that I have to say anything.  LOL.  I was really surprised that my friend Christine has never been to one.  I didn't think that was possible in this day and age. 

Anyway a nice soy chai latte helps my creative mood.  I've been doing more research on writing.  I'm a feet first kind of guy. I jump in then meander my way through it all.  Usually seeing all my mistakes I could have avoided by knowing what I was doing.  However for me the excitement of doing something I enjoy pushes me a long to learn more about it.  So I pretty much scrapped what I had originally wrote and started at a different point in time having spent time creating backgrounds which I could pull from instead of just making them on the fly. 

Looking forward to next week when my landlord will be gone.  Since my other 2 room mates are never here I will have the place to myself.  While I do enjoy company I do enjoy my autonomy very much.  I grew up that way and as long as I get some I'm good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike.. Just dropping by to let you know that even though I don't always leave a comment, I'm still reading, and you are in my thoughts.  

I like my alone time too!  That's why I don't and will never have a roommate! lol

Have a great week!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You know I have picked my kids up at Starbucks and I don't think I have been in one. I don't drink coffee. Hope you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Humm... I've never been to a Starbucks either. Where I live, I would have to go about 100 miles to get to the nearest one. No kidding! And everytime I have been in that town, the lines are wayyy to long to wait in to just get coffee! LOL

***Monica