Tuesday, October 24, 2006

WTF?

"I've been working out.  I was a size 40 ... now I am size 42.  I'm huge." ~ Bania

One of the constants in my life is the inability to gain weight.  As my friends know I eat all day long, but my weight always stays the same or drops.  For most of my adult life I have been 140.  Since I got separated I jumped to 150.  Now since I've been working out I looked at the scale and it's 160.  WTF?  I was looking all over for fat, but there isn't any.  So I am taking it's muscle weight, but this just turns my world upside down.  A bunch of my shirts are now small in the arms.  So are the shrinking?  I know I have had them all for a dog's age. 

Well in a little over a month I will be 40 which I don't really mind.  What I really mind is that in 10 years I'll be 50.  How the hell did that happen?  I feel like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally".  Well I guess I have 10 years to get use to it.  LOL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...love the muscle gain..you can eat more food...lol

Anonymous said...

Muscle weighs more than fat!!  Keep in mind that most women want a man that weighs more than she does.  I bet you look good!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

don't panic Mike ( you and this over thinking everything!!!)...it MUST be muscle.
and don't panic about turning 40; I just turned 41. It is not so bad.
Maria