Thursday, October 26, 2006

Enneagrams

As I continue my research with writing.  One of the tips given was to use enneagrams to make it easier to flush out your characters.  I've heard of this before, but never really looked into it.  What enneagrams is all about is that we all one of 9 different types.  So to see how it worked I took one of the small tests and I am a peace keeper.  I already knew this, but it was nice to know I am a official type.  As long as their isn't a official hunting season for type 9s I'll be okay.  So as I looked around the site about my type it was interesting to see what I have been working on the last several years right their.  Would have saved me some effort.  So I see how it can be used in character building for guidelines to make sure your character is staying in character.  Here's the site if you would like to try it out.  The 9 Types.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, the test "yields no results."   So, what does THAT say about me?!  
Well, I do find this interesting, even if I don't think all people can be put into x # of categories / types, I'm sure many of us actually can be.   Just not sure where they think I fit, lol.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh I will take it but I'm sure I'm a peace keeper too..we shall see..

Anonymous said...

Love the 9 types site, Mike. I thought at first that the Wednesday night  program on ABC, "The Nine," may have been using that idea for their show...you know, the enneagram people trapped in a bank robbery with each one overcoming their fears in their own personality-typed way. But I read a summary and I believe they are just mimicking "24" in their own 52 hours in crisis. So what would you as the Peacemaker do in that situation, Mike? ---angel

Anonymous said...

Mike, I don't watch these shows either. But I bet you could come up with a better story line than they did. Keep up the good work at writing! ---angel