Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm Going Sane in a Crazy World

My son called me last night, but since we were busy I didn't hear my cell phone ring.  When I called him back I got the answering machine.  So I left a message figuring I would hear from him over the wekend like usual.

Lo and behold I get a call from him tonight.  WTF.  I really would like to embrace this generosity of my ex, but I have been hit too many times to drop my guard.  So I am having a hard time truly enjoying this.  There has always been an alterior motive.

Anyway it was a fun talk with Eric and boy is he soaking up the knowledge at school.

Started my Christmas shopping for him today.  I got him one of the Bionicle guys he really wants.  I was thinking of getting him a Gameboy since he enjoys playing with mine when he visits, but the correlation of unsupervised video game playing and lowered grades is just too much.  So I will have to find something else. 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I know being divorced has its share of problems..........

But its gotta be better than being in a trapped marriage ??

Anonymous said...

Just take it for what the moment is rather than always wondering if there is an ulterior motive. They may be but if not you may just create a self-fulfilling prophecy. It will show in your conversation & that will hurt your son. Just enjoy the conversation & then when you deal with hear do that separate.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...my kids are addicted to their game boys...but I do try and limit their time...One of the funnest games my kids had was this ski game....you can get the snow board game too..but it similuated to be close to a real experience and you watch it on TV...cost about 150 bucks...they have cheaper ones but they dont last....this one lasted for quite awhile but eventually broke...they LOVED that gift

~Raven

Anonymous said...

wow you are organized Mike...Christmas shopping already?? in October??
I am usually one of those last minute shoppers scrambling at the last minute.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Christmas?! Oh no not yet. Did this year flu by or what?!
Have fun shopping. Good call on the game boy
hugs, Marina