Monday, October 2, 2006

Weary Monday

I'm just world weary today. Tired of struggling, tired of working, tired of working on myself.  Just tired.  Not saying I am acting on any of it, but it is just where I am at.  Tired of caring.  Most likely I just need a vacation, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.  While I do take every Sunday to relax and little bits through out the week I could use a chunk of away time.

At times it's a real workout at home with the dysfunctional folk.  My landlord has his routines in his world and if they are disrupted he gets moody.  Growing up like I did I really am sensitized to the people around me.  So mood shifts put me on alert.  It's a workout to remember that it has nothing to do with me since that is where I go first.

Now my female roomie is back.  I haven't actually seen her since I moved in a month ago.  We use to watch a few movies together when I was there before.  I always felt she was very nervous around me.  So it's a little extra tension in the room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a female roomie? *grin* Mike..what r u getting yourself into? lol...first of all, if she felt she won't be comfortable around male as a roommate she should have seek  a female one. :-)
Monday...whoever said it's the beginning of the week? I thought we could always start over when Monday comes..but noo...whatever time/day it is--it doesn't matter...when we feel not up to anything..it seems the feelings/emotions/thoughts always prevails. But then again..are we really gonna let this feelings control us?
I know..I remember..I had Mondays like this--more than too many times.

Hang in there, it is just Monday--there's the rest of the week ahead of 'ya!
Take care,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Life is only as tense and as bad as you let it. Relax and try to have some fun friend! It can make the world of difference! Tammy

Anonymous said...

I hope the week gets better for you; its only Monday after all.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Mike, do you have any idea why there is tension with your roommate?


I know what you mean by being on alert for mood swings...In some ways it made a nurturer or a refined co-dependent but I dont do blood line loyalty anymore. If someone in my family is toxic, I see them during the holidays...

yah know techny brainers like to solve puzzles..I could never do your job...I wish I could but I'm the one who hides my kids toys that require batteries,lol...looking for the right screw driver is like being stuck in traffic,,,


-Raven
http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/

Anonymous said...

She's a little bit nervous around you, and yet goes to movies with you sometimes?   Is she afraid she'd like you-like you, or that you might feel that way about her?   -- Robin